Cable Companies & Television Programmers are pursuing ‘TV Everywhere’ initiatives in order to provide viewers with the content they want, when they want it. At the same time, with the proliferation of social media, consumers are now expecting a more social and engaging television experience.
To maintain customer loyalty, preserve their brand, and compete more effectively against new market entrants, Cable Companies & Television Programmers are compelled to enhance the television viewing experience to include social and other companion features and expand it to all mobile and connected devices.
Developing applications for all connected devices is a costly and time-consuming endeavor. Maintaining those applications over time adds another level of complexity and expense, especially as new connected devices are launched into the market. Current approaches restrict the app functionality to the basics, which reduces customer value and satisfaction. Alternative options limit the number of devices supported, which limits the audience reach.
SPRINGBOARD Media is a cloud-based platform that leverages mPortal’s mobile expertise to accelerate TV Everywhere & Social TV initiatives. It provides the building blocks that enable Cable Companies & Television Programmers to cost-effectively expand their content to all connected devices while maintaining consistency with their brand and identity.
- Increases viewer engagement and loyalty by delivering fresh content with the ability to personalize and share the experience.
- Makes the viewing experience more fun and social, which drives new ways to discover and interact with content.
- Promotes awareness for new and existing content and provides opportunities for cross-promotions.
- Unifies the viewing experience across devices enabling users to pick up where they left off no matter what device they are using.
- Ensures brand consistency across one or multiple viewing experiences. Reduces development costs and capital investment through the cloud-based platform.
- Expands the reach to the most viewers via fast deployment to new connected devices.
- Provides new channels for monetization and promotion across all connected devices.
- Collects device and in-app analytics to understand user behavior and optimize strategy.
- Leverages mPortal’s 11+ years of experience in building mobile and connected device solutions.
Key Modules with APIs:
- Authentication and entitlement.
- Twitter/Facebook integration.
- Video Recommendations based on Facebook social graph.
- Favorites Management.
- Reminders Management for show air times.
- Video Locker across multiple screens.
- Program Guide (EPG) for one or more channels.
- DVR integration for authenticated users (subject to operator’s agreement).
- Promotion and featuring of programming or other content.
- Search for TV Programs.
- Metadata and content for TV Programs.
- Private group chat rooms.
- Event scheduling & management.
Other Key Features:
- Centralized cloud-based system integrates with multiple existing systems and normalizes the data for use across multiple viewing experiences and devices.
- Advertising integration from a single or multiple third-party advertising networks.
- Data, metrics, and reporting on subscriber usage patterns within & outside the app.
- Support for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, HTML5 and other connected devices.
- Rich client experience delivered as a native app, an HTML5 app, or a hybrid of both.
- Automated device detection associates the optimal user experience with each device.